Friday, September 2, 2011

Moving Right Along



Lately, I've been tempted to begin each posting with 'I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post, but it's just been so CRAZY lately . . .'.  But I have restrained myself.    Fortunately I have lots of projects that are well underway and moving right along . . .

Eventually, the new front door

. . . like the farmhouse project, which is fully underway!  After holding my breath for quite a while, my clients have decided to move forward with the renovation.  The inside has been completely gutted, and they have already begun framing some of the rooms.  We've been putting together the lighting plan, finalizing the window/door schedules, and - oh yeah - we've totally re-designed the kitchen.   We're also in the process of picking out the color for the metal roof, stain for the decking, exterior paint scheme (photo above), and vintage wood for the refrigerator panels.

Demolition!


Living Room, facing pool

Standing in the 'new' kitchen



Recently I presented an out-of-town client with a whole house 'Design Roadmap', which she has been extremely busy implementing over the past month.  Sadly, I can't just stop by and see what's new, so every week or she will send me new photos of the products that have been arriving.  It is very exciting to see it all come together.


Vintage plates for a display wall in the kitchen 


Art over an outdoor fireplace

Fun pillows for the sofa


Fluffy Morrocan Rug . . . I think my little client must like it!

 

Renovation of the second floor of the condo project is also getting started.   We've picked out some great lighting from The Urban Electric Company.   It's a fabulous lighting company, self-described as 'a lighting design and production firm that prides itself on subtle design, uncompromising craftmanship and impeccable service'.  I am thrilled to be able to use their products on this project.  Here are some of the fixtures we're using:

A pair of small Belle Meade sconces over the banquette, in Antique Brass

The Melissa sconce, in antique brass with the black/gold square shade in the stairwell

The Mel sconce, in Polished Nickel in the middle of the mirror in the Master bath





In between all of these goings-ons, I had some fun at High Cotton Home recently when Thom Filicia, the 'interiors expert' on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, was in town promoting his line of furniture for Vanguard.   I was really impressed by the store, the party, and the beautiful people at the event.
 

You can just barely see me in this photo, talking with my friend in the peacock blue shirt!

Thom was very approachable and easy to talk to (in the very few minutes I had to talk with him!).  Anyway, it was a fun event, and great to catch up with good friends.


Here's a photo of Thom Filicia with Rodney Hines, owner of High Cotton Home, and my friend Ted.  Don't they all look fantastic in their blue shirts?!


It's been a busy few weeks, so I'm looking forward to the long weekend.  Have a good one!


Thanks for reading,
Bronwyn


2 comments:

  1. fun, fun, fun! i always have to delete a bit when i start a post because of my apologies! people understand that there IS life beyond blogging..otherwise how else would you have beautiful things to post about;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor, thanks for your comment! You have a beautiful blog as well. I'm so flattered you found me :)

    ReplyDelete